Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A frog a day


Holy jumpin' amphibian batman!

It's been 3 days in a row that we've had frogs outside the dining room. First was the graceful tree frog from the last post, then yesterday was this Green-thighed frog:



And tonight was a tiny little Eastern Sedgefrog.


By the way, I find most of the critter names for this blog from one book, so I figure I should at least mention it. It's called Wildlife Of Greater Brisbane from the Australian Museum. John Passfield recommended it and it's been really helpful.

Anyway, sedge frogs are quite common and we hear them all the time, but this is the first time I've seen one.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures, I regret the frog has tiny legs... it is not a bull frog suitable with garlic...
A french connection...
Marc